Laos Top Highlights
Step back in time and discover the hidden delights of Laos
There are few places and people noticeably more connected to their natural environment than Laos. Discovering the abundant natural riches spread across the nation, as well as integrating with the gentle local population are two joys not to be missed by any traveller.
• Revel in the French-colonial charm of Vientiane captial. Explore its many temples and Buddhist monuments and stupas, including the famous Pha That Luang
• Watch the sunset on the banks of the Mekong river in Vientiane
• Experience the ethnic diversity of laid-back Luang Nam Tha
• Traverse the lush mountains of eastern Laos
• Try to spot gibbons and leopards in the Nam Ha Protected Area
• Enjoy the sunset over Mekong River over a couple of Lao beers and the rough mountain of Laos and Thailand in bordering town Houey Sai
• Relax on a leisurely boat trip Luang Sai along the Mekong River from Houey Sai to Luang Prabang. Experience traditional village life on the Mekong River.
• Discover the beauty of UNESCO World Heritage listed Luang Prabang
• Explore the mysterious Pak Ou Caves and enjoy natural walk at the Kuang Sii waterfalls and visit hill tribal villages near by
• Take in panoramic views from the top of Phu Si Temple over Mekong River in the sunset
• Stay one more day in the elephant camp with elephant ride and explore the countryside, the river, the rain forest, just outside of Luang Prabang town.
• Witness monks receiving alms in the streets of Luang Prabang in early in the morning
• Visit museums, temples and palaces in Luang Prabang
• Explore Lao low pace life style, shop at bazare night market in Luang Prabang
• Walk amongst the archeological site of the Plain of Jars
• Appreciate the limestone karst landscapes of Vang Vieng
• Take a refreshing break to the fertile rich Boloven Plateau. Have a cup of strong lao coffee.
• Admire beautiful Tad Fan (Taat Fan) waterfall to the east of Pakse.
• Discover the amazing Khmer Temple the second World Heritage list site in Laos
• Journey to Southern Laos' 4000 islands and marvel at South East Asia's biggest waterfall, Khone Phapheng